- Cover chicken in large pot with water. Put lid on pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat to slow boil. Cook for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour add carrots and cook another hour with lid on at a slow boil.
- After 2-2 1/2 hours use tongs to remove chicken. Cool on large plate.
- While chicken is cooling, add rice, salt and parsley to pot. Keep a slow boil.
- Shred or cut up chicken into small pieces cutting off any fat. Add chicken back into the pot and stir.
- Cook everything another hour with lid on, stirring some.
*If soup gets too thick add water or chicken broth to desired amount.